Rankin, Chris (I) Biography
biography of Rankin, Chris (I)Christopher William Rankin
8 November 1983, Auckland, New Zealand
Christopher William Rankin lived with his parents in his native New Zealand until age 6 when they moved back to England. He found his love for acting at the age of 11, at Northgate High School in Suffolk, as a member of the Youth Theatre Company of Dereham Operatic Society. While in school, Chris appeared in numerous productions. He was ensemble in "Bugsy Malone" and "Little Shop of Horrors" (also on a European tour). Chris has also appeared as Bosun in "Return to the Forbidden Planet", Roger in "Grease", Ralph in "The Lord of the Flies", Joseph in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" and in 2003 made a last-minute appearance, stepping in as Thenardier in "Les Miserables", when a cast member had taken ill. With the Youth Theatre, Chris has played Edmund in "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe"; chorus roles in "My Fair Lady", "Whistle Down the Wind" and "The King and I" and Harry / Young Ebenezer in "Scrooge". In August 2000, he auditioned for and landed the role of Percy Weasley in the "Harry Potter: movie series, which was the beginning of his professional on-camera acting career. Chris made his professional stage debut in "Jack and the Beanstalk" at Norwich Theatre Royal. He has since been splitting his time between films, television and stage. In January 2004, Chris formed Painted Horse Theatre Company with Director Jim Rymer. He played Eilert Loevborg in their premiere production of 'Hedda Gabler' by Ibsen and worked on their production of 'Salome', which toured East Anglia in 2005. He made his first television drama as Waring in "The Rotter's Club", a 3-part drama produced by Company Pictures for the BBC.
Stacey Castro Media
- Worked as a teen at UCI Cinemas (Norwich, Norfolk, UK).
- He had three guinea pigs named Fred, George, and Dumbledore.
- Took a 2 year hiatus in his film career to study media production at university in the UK.
- Played Geoff in "A Taste of Honey" by 'Shelagh Stephenson (I)' (qv) - Sheringham Little Theatre, Norfolk (2003).
- Played Percival in the pantomime "Jack and the Beanstalk" - Norwich Theatre Royal (2002).
- Played Percival the Henchman in the pantomime "Snow White" (2003) - Norwich Theatre Royal.
- Played in the pantomime "Snow WHite and the Seven Dawrves" - Civic Hall, Broxbourne (2007).
- His credits with Painted Horse, a touring theatre company which he helped found include: Young Syrian in "Salome" by 'Oscar Wilde' (qv) (2005) and Loevborg in Ibsen's "Hedda Gabler" (2004).
- His pantomime credits at Oakengates Theatre in Telford include King Rat in the "Dick Whittington" (2005) and Percy in "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" (2004, also Assembly Rooms, Derby).
- Played Edgar in "Wuthering Heights" based on the novel by 'Emily Brontë' (qv) - UK tour (2006).
- Played Dandini in the pantomime "Cinderella" - Grand Pavillion Theatre, Porth Crawl (2006).
- (September 2008) Now studying his 1st year of media production at University of Lincoln in the UK.
- (September 2008) He is studying a BA (Hons) in Media Production at the University of Lincoln, UK.
Watch Online Related Videos
Rankin, Chris (I) Videos