Rawlins, Adrian Biography
biography of Rawlins, Adrian27 March 1958, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England, UK
- Born on the same day as James Potter, the character he plays in the "Harry Potter" films.
- Before playing James Potter, he appeared in the film _The Woman in Black (1989) (TV)_ (qv), which was remade years later (_The Woman in Black (2012)_ (qv) with 'Daniel Radcliffe' (qv), who played Harry Potter.
- His National Theatre credits include: Hal in "Dinner" by 'Moira Buffini' (qv) (November 2002) and Rodolpho in "A View from the Bridge" by 'Arthur Miller (I)' (qv) (1986). Roy Ruston, A Small Family Business, Olivier Theatre, London, 1987, The Miser, Tons of Money
- His credits at London's King's Head Theatre include: "Black Angel", "Clearly State", "Pick Yourself Up" and "Fancy Footwork".
- His credits at Worcester's Swan Theatre include: Dromio "Comedy of Errors" (1985), Bobby in "American Buffalo" by 'David Mamet' (qv) (1986, also London), the title role in Marlowe's "Faustus", "Amadeus" by 'Peter Schaffer' (qv), "Hotel Paradiso", and "Time To Kill".
- Plaed Jean in Strindberg's "Miss Julie" - Cafe Theatre (1984).
- Played Jim in "The Glass Menagerie" by 'Tennessee Williams' (qv) - Royal Exchange, Manchester (1989).
- Played Solyony in Chekhov's "Three Sisters" - Queen's Theatre, London (1990).
- Played Laertes in Shakespeare's "Hamlet" - Riverside Studios, London (1992).
- His Royal Shakespeare Company credits include: Elis in Strindberg's "Easter" (1995), and Rafe in "The Herbal Bed" by Peter Whelan (1997).
- His credits at London's Bush Theatre: Robert in "The Clearing" by 'Helen Edmundson' (qv) (1993) and Taylor in the UK premiere of "The Maiden's Prayer" by Nicky Silver (2000).
- (1987) He acted in Arthur Miller's play, "A View from a Bridge," in a British National Theatre production at the Aldwych Theatre in London, England with Michael Gambon, Elizabeth Bell, Suzan Sylvester, Michael Simkins, James Hayes, and Richard Cordery in the cast. Alan Ayckbourn was director.
- (1989) He acted in Tennessee Williams's play, "The Glass Menagerie," at the Royal Exchange Theatre in Manchester, England with Linus Roache, Avril Elgar, and Geraldine Somerville in the cast. Ian Hastings was director.
- "Empire" (UK), January 2004, Iss. 175, pg. 26, "Curtain Up! It's Adrian Rawlins"
Watch Online Related Videos
Rawlins, Adrian Videos