Redieck, Billy Biography
biography of Redieck, BillyWilliam Marcos Cayetano Redieck
12 December 1983, Bowling Green, Ohio, USA
5' 10 1/2"
Billy Redieck was born on December 12, 1983 in Bowling Green, Ohio. He was raised in the rural village of Risingsun, Ohio, where he spent the first 18 years of his life. Redieck developed a love for film at a very young age, as his early years consisted of weekly trips to the theater with his parents. He attended Lakota High School in Kansas, Ohio with a graduating class of only 106 students. Upon graduating high school, Redieck decided to pursue his filmmaking aspirations by attending the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. During his time in Pittsburgh, he directed his first short film entitled, _Machiavellian Boys (2004)_ (qv). The film was later viewed by a screen writing professor, who encouraged Billy to move to Los Angeles and pursue a career in the film industry. After graduating college, Redieck parted ways with The Midwest and landed himself in Los Angeles, California. In 2005, he got his first taste of the film industry after obtaining employment with NBC/Universal. Starting off in the entertainment productions office, Redieck also gained experience with the company as a video editor, and camera operator as well. In 2006, Redieck wrote and directed _Ten Years After (A Short Life Story) (2007) (V)_ (qv). The film was based on actual events lived by the film's late star, 'Ryan Richard' (qv). The intention of the film was to severely exaggerate Richard's real life events, and convince audiences they were watching a true documentary. The film went on to win 'Best Documentary' at the Nevada Film Festival and NBC/Universal Film Festival. In 2010, Redieck traveled to Taiwan to co-direct the upcoming feature documentary, Lords of the Sky. The film is scheduled for a late 2011 or early 2012 release. In 2011 Redieck's film, _It's Over. We're Over. (2010)_ (qv) won the Silver Lei Award at the Honolulu Film Awards.
- Often includes a ground level shot with the subject walking toward the camera.
- Favorite sport is baseball and is an avid Atlanta Braves fan.
- Has a strong fascination with astronomy and said he would love going into space someday if the opportunity presented itself.
- His favorite actor is Giovanni Ribisi and his favorite director is Paul Thomas Anderson.
- Cinematographer for the Amanda O'Connor music video, "Walk on by".
- Featured in a commercial for the Make A Wish Foundation.
- "The Fostoria Review Times" (USA), 23 June 2007, Vol. 07, Iss. 623, pg. 3, by: Jordan Cravens, "Rising(son) filmmaker Heads Down Walk of Fame"
- "The Bowling Green Sentinel-Tribune" (USA), 8 June 2007, Vol. 07, Iss. 608, pg. 2, by: David Dupont, "Lakota Filmmaker Finds Early Success"
Watch Online Related Videos
Redieck, Billy Videos