Sami, Adnan Biography
biography of Sami, AdnanAdnan Sami Khan
15 August 1973, London, England, UK
- 'Zeba Bakhtiar' (qv) (1996 - 1997) (divorced); 1 child
- 'Sabah Galadari' (2001 - 2009) (divorced)
- 'Roya Faryabi' (31 January 2010 - present)
- Father is from Pakistan and mother is from India.
- He often releases music albums with Bollywood celebrities participating in the music videos. The celebrities who have participated include 'Namrata Shirodkar' (qv) ("Bheegi Bheegi Raat"), 'Mahima Chaudhry' (qv), 'Raveena Tandon' (qv), 'Rani Mukerji' (qv) ("Tera Chehra"), 'Govinda' (qv), 'Fardeen Khan (I)' (qv), 'Ameesha Patel' (qv) ("O Meri Jaan"), 'Bhoomika Chawla' (qv) ("Maahiya"), 'Diya Mirza' (qv) ("Pal Do Pal") and most famously, 'Amitabh Bachchan' (qv) ("Kabhi Nehi").
- Was born, raised and educated in London, England.
- His father, Arshad Sami Khan, was born in Pakistan of Pathan ancestry and lived in India. He was a Pakistani diplomat and had training in composing classical and jazz music. His mother belonged to an Indian Muslim family. Sami's parents and brother now reside in Houston, Texas.
- Graduated from King's College London and became the first person to play Indian classical music on the electric piano.
- Sami began to take music lessons from Pandit Shivkumar Sharma when visiting India during his school vacations. He also went to learn Indian classical music from Mahraj Khatak, an Indian classical singing teacher in Pakistan and dancer.
- At the age of 16, Sami was approached to write a song for famine-hit Ethiopia for which he won a special award from UNICEF.
Watch Online Related Videos
Sami, Adnan Videos