Sarli, Isabel Biography
biography of Sarli, IsabelHilda Isabel Sarli Gorrindo Tito
"La Coca" The Argentina Fire-Cracker The Cleanest Star of Cinema
9 July 1935, Concordia, Entre Rios, Argentina
'Isabel Sarli' (qv) was discovered by filmmaker 'Armando Bo (I)' (qv) and became the star of his films, starting with _El trueno entre las hojas (1956)_ (qv) in 1956. Her nude scenes in this --a first in Argentinian cinema-- and their subsequent soft-porn movies were highly criticized and condemned in Argentina. In spite of censorship and persecution, she became an international star, filming in Brazil, Uruguay, Paraguay, Mexico, Panama and Venezuela, and films like _Fuego (1969)_ (qv) and _Fiebre (1971)_ (qv) reached the American and European markets. Although she was very funny in sexy comedies like _La mujer del zapatero (1964)_ (qv), Bo insisted in casting her in naturalistic melodramas. After his death in 1981, Isabel Sarli retired from cinema.
Edgar Soberón Torchia
- Miss Argentina 1955.
- She was known as "the cleanest star of cinema" because she always had swimming scenes in the nude, at beaches, rivers, rivulets and cascades.
- Her familiar nickname, La Coca, derives from her addiction to Coca-Cola, which some say may have had some effect on her size.
- "Cinema X" (England), 1974, Vol. 6, Iss. 3, pg. 66-73, by: Tony Crawley (editor), "Sex is the name of the game"
- "Cinema X" (UK), 1974, Vol. 6, Iss. 3
- "Anyena" (Argentina), 29 August 1972
Photos of Sarli, Isabel
Images Search Powered By Google
Watch Online Related Videos
Sarli, Isabel Videos