Singson, Chavit Biography
biography of Singson, ChavitLuis Crisologo Singson
21 June 1941, Ilocos Sur, Philippines
- 'Evelyn Crisologo' (3 May 1962 - ?) (separated); 7 children
- Uncle Floro Crisologo (mother's brother) is a congressman of Ilocos Sur. Cousin Vincent "Bingbong" Crisologo, (Flor's eldest son) also became a congressman of Quezon City.
- Played by 'Cesar Montano' (qv) in the movie _Chavit (2003)_ (qv).
- Singson's forefathers ruled Vigan as far back as the 1800s. The post of gobernadorcillo was held by Don León Singson in 1846, Don Estanislao Singson in 1852, Don Domingo Singson in 1854, Don Tomás Singson in 1858 and Don Jose Singson in 1877. By the 20th century, almost the whole Singson family was into politics. The Singsons started to put down roots in Vigan in the 17th century. Joaquín Ayco, a merchant from Oasay, China, married a Chinese mestiza, Rosa Songnio, a Vigan native.
- His s father, Jose, was mayor of Vigan (the capital of Ilocos Sur) from 1968 to 1971. His elder brother Evaristo (Titong) also held the post from 1972 to 1986. Titong also became governor of Ilocos Sur, albeit only briefly. He took office on June 1, 1988, and died on Dec. 25 that same year.
- Frequently seen at 'Manny Pacquiao' (qv)'s boxing matches, even going inside the ring after Pacquiao's victories. He was at the most recent Pacquiao's fight against Erik Morales, where he was seen waving to the crowd after Pacquiao's bout. He also also frequently attends matches of fellow Ilocano Brian Viloria.
- Son (with 'Rachel Tiongson' (qv)): 'Christian Luis Singson' (qv).
- He is the second among the seven children of José Singson and Caridad Crisólogo. His other siblings are Evaristo (Titong) (deceased), Bernardo (deceased), Fernando (Dodoy), Maria Livia (Honeygirl), Jerry, Germelina (Germy) and Bonito.
- A political kingpin for 28 years in his hometown of Ilocos Sur, a northern part of the Philippine island of Luzon. He has been the provincial governor for 22 years.
- He has seven children with his former wife Evelyn Crisologo.
- Singson is known to have started EDSA II in October 2000 when he alleged he gave Philippine President Joseph Estrada 400 million pesos as payoff from illegal gambling profits. Estrada was put under investigation, but on January 16, 2001, a key piece of evidence was blocked in court, leading to protests in Manila and other major cities backing then vice president Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo resulting in the ouster of Joseph Estrada.
- First cousin Vincent "Bingbong" Crisologo was, at one time, his worst political enemy. Singson went through many violent and near-death encounters between the cousins, including the sensational arson and carnage in Barangay Ora Centro in May 1970 that put Bingbong behind bars.
- _Chavit (2003)_ (qv)
- _Bingbong: The Vincent Crisologo Story (????)_
Photos of Singson, Chavit
Images Search Powered By Google
Watch Online Related Videos
Singson, Chavit Videos
Acting in movies
- Chavit (2003) (story and screenplay) (as Chavit 'Luis' Singson) <1,1,1>
- Barang (2006) (executive producer) (uncredited)