Troisi, Massimo Biography
biography of Troisi, Massimo19 February 1953, San Giorgio a Cremano, Campania, Italy
4 June 1994, Ostia, Rome, Lazio, Italy (heart attack)
His acting career started when he was 15 in a theatre (Centro Teatro Spazio). In 1969 he founded the group "I saraceni" (later renamed "La smorfia") with Enzo Decaro and Lello Arena. He became famous to the TV audience between 1976 and 1979 with two TV programs "Non Stop" and "Luna Park". First movie "Ricomincio da tre" in 1981.
- Surname pronounced Troy-EE-zee.
- Troisi literally gave his life to make Il Postino. He was aware of his heart condition and was told that he needed treatment, but he believed that the making of this film was more important. He died 12 hours after the camera stopped rolling...
- Born at 2:00am-CET
- Informally known as "The Steve Martin of Italy."
- After his death, a square was named after him in his birthplace San Giorgio a Cremano, in southern Italy.
- As a child, had several bouts of rheumatic fever, leaving him with a damaged heart, which no doubt contributed to his premature death.
- "TV Filmes" (Portugal), 1996, Iss. 5, pg. 11
Watch Online Related Videos
Troisi, Massimo Videos