Warren, Paul (VI) Biography
biography of Warren, Paul (VI)28 October 1974, London, England, UK
The oldest of three brothers and three sisters, Paul was born in Hillingdon, Middlesex, England in 1974. Growing up with a keen passion for drama, music and monster movies, he formed the post-rock band 'Monkey Boy' with his brother, Mark, in 1995. A minimalist trio from London, consisting of two bass players and Paul the singing, front-man drummer, they generated a massive buzz on the underground punk rock scene. In February 1998, Lockjaw Records signed the band and immediately sent them out touring Europe, where they built a formidable following and critical acclaim from the likes of John Peel, Kerrang!, Metal Hammer, Rocksound, and Melody Maker. In 2005, the band split and Paul was offered work on Alfonso Cuarón's film 'Children of Men' due to his thin frame and physical attributes. This was his first experience wearing prosthetics, which led to a film career playing various creatures and roles in silicone/foam latex. He has since gone on to work with, and be recommended by, some of the world's leading visual and make up effects supervisors, such as Shane Mahan (Stan Winston Studios), Christopher Townsend (Industrial Light & Magic), Conor O'Sullivan (The Dark Knight), Göran Lundström (Wrath of the Titans), Kristyan Mallett (Dark Shadows) and Mark Coulier (Harry Potter). Although known mostly for his performances under heavy prosthetic makeup, he has also found work as a body double in Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix (doubling Daniel Radcliffe), X-Men: First Class, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, and was one of the visual effects doubles/stand-ins for skinny Steve Rogers a.k.a Captain America: The First Avenger.
- Performing in films under heavy prosthetic makeup
- Paul was a body double for Daniel Radcliffe in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Paul was not only the creature that pulls the boat across the sea of tortured soul's in 'Clash of the Titans'(2010), but also appears a Begger that is killed by the Kraken and a Refugee.
- He was set for a role as one of the Joker's gang in the jail scene on Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight. It was deemed far too dangerous due to the explosives being used and he was replaced by a stuntman a week before filming.
- One of the body doubles and stand in's for young Magneto in Xmen: First Class.
- Was used as the template and part of the preproduction visual effects tests for Skinny Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) in Captain America (2011).
- Was used as the Russian Zombie make up test for Brad Pitt and director Marc Forster on World War Z.
- Spent a year as a projectionist at a prestigious London West End Cinema, where he worked the UK premiere for Clint Eastwood's Mystic River (2003). In 2010 he was directed by Eastwood as a dying patient in 'Hereafter'.
- Was used for the Russian Zombie prosthetic make up tests on World War Z (2012).
- Paul Warren played the god Hermes in Wrath of the Titans (2012). His scenes did not appear in the theatrical release of the film.
- Monkey Boy - Tales Of A Travelling Circus (album) Monkey Boy - The Creature Of Doctor Rumpledink (album)
Watch Online Related Videos
Warren, Paul (VI) Videos