Wright, Bonnie Biography
biography of Wright, BonnieBonnie Francesca Wright
17 February 1991, London, England, UK
Bonnie Francesca Wright was born on February 17, 1991 to jewelers Gary Wright and Sheila Teague. Her debut performance was in _Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)_ (qv) as Ron Weasley's little sister Ginny Weasley. Bonnie tried out for the film due to her older brother Lewis mentioned she reminded him of Ginny. Her role in the first film was a small cameo like role as Ginny, having bigger part in the second film _Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)_ (qv). After shooting the first Potter film, in 2002 Bonnie did the Hallmark television film _Stranded (2002) (TV)_ (qv) playing Young Sarah Robinson. Then in 2004 after doing the _Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)_ (qv) Bonnie was cast in _Agatha Christie: A Life in Pictures (2004) (TV)_ (qv) , a BBC TV film as Young Agatha. Then Bonnie was back as Ginny Weasley for _Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)_ (qv), _Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)_ (qv) and for _Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)_ (qv) where her role turned supporting as Harry's love interest. In 2007 she guessed voiced for Disney's _The Replacements (TV Series 2006-) London Calling (#2.11)_ as Vanessa. Also that time she voiced Ginny for _Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) (VG)_ (qv) as well for _Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009) (VG)_ (qv) in 2009. While shooting for _Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010)_ (qv), Bonnie was cast as Mia for _Geography of the Hapless Heart (2013)_ (qv) a feature length film shot in five international locations about the complexity of love. Bonnie's segment was shot in December 2009 in London. Also during that time and shooting for _Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011)_ (qv) Bonnie was attending London College of Communication to study film. In 2011 Bonnie starred in _The Philosophers (2013)_ (qv) with _James D'Arcy (I)_ , _Daryl Sabara_ and with Harry Potter co-star _Freddie Stroma_. Film to be out in 2012. Bonnie has also written and directed a short film for school called Separate We Come, Separate We Go starring Potter co-star _David Thewlis_
- Her red hair
- Can sing & play the piano
- Plays soccer and surfing.
- Does ballet, modern and African dance.
- Likes art, prefers working with clay to drawing.
- Has an older brother named Lewis.
- Favourite band is 'The Killers' (qv) and she also enjoyed 'Kings of Leon' (qv), 'Queens of the Stone Age' (qv) and 'Kasabian' (qv) at the "Carling Festival" in Leeds.
- Favourite actress is 'Nicole Kidman' (qv).
- Her parents are Gary Wright and Sheila Teague, they are jewelers.
- She'd like to play Violet in the Unfortunate Events series, if another movie is ever made.
- She has visited America, Australia, India, Spain, Italy, Finland and France.
- Ranked #5 by Portrait Magazine for Favorite Celebrities by Fan's vote. Her "Harry Potter" co-star, 'Emma Watson (II)' (qv), also ranked #4.
- Close friend to her "Harry Potter" co-star, 'Emma Watson (II)' (qv).
- Bonnie ranked #2 in Portrait Magazine Top 30 under 30 for 2009. Cast mates 'Evanna Lynch' (qv), 'Rupert Grint' (qv), 'Emma Watson (II)' (qv), 'Tom Felton' (qv) and 'Daniel Radcliffe' (qv) also made the list on the 3rd, 5th, 8th, 14th and 18th places, respectively.
- During the filming of _Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010)_ (qv), Wright will be attending London's University of the Arts to study film and television. She plans to continue acting and to work behind the scenes after "Harry Potter".
- Glamour Magazine listed her one of the 35 Most stylish women of 2010. They praise her red carpet looks and even name her the next Cate Blanchett.
- (on being asked how she got the role of Ginny Weasley) "Determination. I stayed as Ginny throughout the whole audition."
- I think everyone sometimes feels intimidated by themselves when they see themselves on the screen.
- I don't know, it's hard to say before we actually do it. It would be quite weird, wouldn't it, because along with Dan there would be hundreds of people there. - On possibly filming the kissing scene with Daniel Radcliffe in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
- It's been fun to work with all the people, and experience what not everyone gets to do at such a young age.
- I have had a few people recognize me in public. But I wouldn't like everybody to recognize me. I can still walk across the street and not be noticed. If I was Daniel Radcliffe I think I would find it much harder to deal with.
- Well, it's magic! It's different from stories set in normal life. - On why she likes the Harry Potter books
- She's really kind of open and friendly towards all of us - she likes to have that family ring around us all. She's bubbly on set [about having 'Julie Walters (I)' (qv) as her Mum in "Harry Potter"].
- I haven't missed any of my education and luckily because I live in London, I haven't had to move away from my home or my friends and that has really helped. I think it would be quite difficult if I were filming in a different part of England. The other people, I definitely admire them for being away from home for so long. But I don't think I have missed anything I'll really regret because I have been able to keep in touch with all my friends. Luckily, when I go back to school, everyone's easy with me coming back. I think it can be quite difficult. [About does she feel she missed anything about her childhood]
- I'm interested in doing more things because I think it'd be interesting to get a new challenge. But I've got my exams coming up and it's quite hard to fit everything in. [about she'd like to do more Films]
- I think we're really privileged to have so many really strong British actors that are interested in doing it. They're all very different in their methods. Sometimes you can be completely wrapped up in what they're doing in a scene. [About her acting experience with 'Imelda Staunton' (qv) and 'Helena Bonham Carter' (qv)].
- Starting out so young, the idea of 'fame', to me, was for people who were much older - who had won Oscars or done amazing things,I always saw it as something of a much higher calibre. So many girls have become famous for literally nothing - other than falling out of clubs in shocking clothing or going out with a different person every week.
- [on what she will take with her from Potter] It has inspired me to follow my dreams and keep acting and making movies. It was such an amazing experience that it will always be part of me.
- [on the Potter phenomenon] The dedication of the fans is outstanding. Every time we have a premiere we are shocked and honored to see the continuing support. I think the Potter fans are the best in the world! All ages, all cultures!
- [on fashion] Be yourself, if you feel great in your clothes and they make you happy, you will look radiant.
- [on what advice she would give young actors/actresses] Follow your dreams, believe in yourself, listen and learn.
- (October 2007) Filming _Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)_ (qv).
- (2006) Filming _Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)_ (qv).
- (December 2008) Presenting Me and My Movie Award in Children Bafta Awards.
- (September 2009) Filming _Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010)_ (qv).
- (December 2009) Filming _Geography of the Hapless Heart (2013)_ (qv).
- (July 2011) Indonesia: Filming The Philosophers
Watch Online Related Videos
Wright, Bonnie Videos