Zamaanat (2013) Movie
Ratings / Votes
Raam Raj Kalamandir's [in]
(India) - 2013
(UK) - 2013
(USA) - 2013
(UK) - 2013
(USA) - 2013
And Justice For All.
bail, blind, court, hospital, lawyer,
Related PicturesPictures of Zamaanat (2013) Movie not found
- Anand, Tinnu as <6>
- Bachchan, Amitabh as [Shiv Shankar] <1>
- Banerjee (I) as
- Kamaldeep as
- Khan, Ayub (I) as [Sunil] <12>
- Kher, Anupam as [Dr. Madan] <5>
- Mavani, Raju as <18>
- Namdeo, Govind as <16>
- Prakash, Satya as (as SathyaPrakash) <11>
- Raj, Prakash as <10>
- Satam, Shivaji as <7>
- Saxena, Sharat as <8>
- Sudhakar, Salil as <17>
- Viji (I) as
- Warsi, Arshad as [Suraj] <3>
- Yadav, Babbanlal as <14>
- Aarushi as [Tara] <15>
- Kapoor, Karisma as [Kajol] <4>
- Neena (I) as
- Sana (III) as
- Sana, Baby (I) as <9>
- Vijayshanti as <2>
Full PlotA unfulfilled love story of a prominent lawyer, 'Shiv Shankar' who loses his vision in an accident and is thrown into a life of seclusion. He also loses contact with his beloved (Vijayshanti) a doctor by profession. Shiv starts leading the life of a recluse. Years later, a college girl (Karisma Kapoor) knocks at his door seeking his help to secure justice for her Engineer beau (Arshad Warsi) who is falsely implicated in his own mother's murder case and put behind bars. He first turns her down stating that he had quit practice but later takes up the case as the young lovers reminded him of his amorous youth. In the climax Shiv reveals the truth and makes a key witness confess the truth before the judge. The trial is carried out in public as the case had snowballed into a major public issue. annonymous Kajol is a girl born with a silver spoon in her mouth. She falls in love with Suraj, a poor boy and a college classmate. But as always, the lovers' path never runs smoothly because Kajol's father wants her to marry his business partner's son, Sunil. He happens to be a rich spoiled brat, while Suraj is kind hearted and ready to help anyone. When Sunil gets wind of Kajol and Suraj's romance, he decides to remove him from his path and succeeds - he gets Suraj arrested for a murder which took place on college grounds. Kajol's efforts to extricate Suraj from the murder charge, proves futile. She approaches Shiv Shankar, a retired blind advocate for help but he turns her down due to his own unfulfilled life history. Shiv Shankar was their last hope and so Suraj concludes that he will definitely be hanged. Not one to give up that easily, Kajol and the entire college gather in court for the final verdict. Will Shiv Shankar see a change of heart and come to Kajol and Suraj's aid? This emotional drama reveals all in an interesting climax. Zamaanat A blind advocate leaves his practice, after he loses his eyesight and beloved. Years later, a young girl approaches him to fight the case of her lover, who is falsely implicated in a murder case. Refusing at first, the advocate returns to the court after many years to fight the case, and help the young couple unite. Screen Plot not found
Total BusinessBT: INR 200,000,000 SD: 29 June 1999 - 30 June 1999
DistributorsRaam Raj Kalamandir's [in]
- Bail (2009) (ENG)
(India: English title)
- Aarey Milk Colony, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Film City, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India - (studio)
- Filmalaya Studio, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - (studio)
- Goregaon, India
- Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Royal Palms, Juhu, India
- Tulip Star, Juhu, India
- Vauhini Studios, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India - (studio)
Trivia- 'S. Ramanathan' (qv) wanted to start the movie as early as 1986 but it was shelved for "unknown" reasons. Ten years later it was decided to work on the movie again.
- The makers were considering changing the movie's title to "Godfather", but thought better of it.
- The film was launched in mid-1996 and has been put on hold for numerous reasons, varying from 'Karisma Kapoor' (qv)'s attitude, to the makers running into financial crisis. It was considered to be shelved, throughout its production phase. However the makers sorted all the hurdles and completed the project over a decade.
- Newcomer 'Aarushi' (qv) was spotted by 'S. Ramanathan' (qv) walking out of producer 'Pahlaj Nihalani' (qv)'s office. She caught the attention of the veteran filmmaker, who instantly decided to cast her in a key role.
- S. Ramanathan stated when the shooting was complete, that the movie was delayed due to certain problems including a distributor's demand for dropping Arshad Warsi from the film. He decided to go through the financial struggle but not to drop the actor.
- The initial movies working title was 'Aaryaman', throughout production it was changed to Zamaanat.
- The movies tag line